{ Dev Farm }

Web & Windows Development

Plugin I've Been Looking For! Except I Don't Get Maps

Home Forum Wp Gpx Maps Support Plugin I've Been Looking For! Except I Don't Get Maps

• Questo topic ha 3 risposte, 2 partecipanti ed è stato aggiornato l'ultima volta 12 anni, 1 mese fa da max.
Stai visualizzando 4 post - dal 1 a 4 (di 4 totali)
  • Autore
    tmac2272
    Ospite

Hi, Massimo –

I’m so excited to use this plugin. It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for for an upcoming 6,500 mile motorcycle journey through the American Northwest. The issue I’m encountering is that after installing and customizing the admin settings, I excitedly uploaded a GPX file from a Garmin zumo 550 of a recent ride. I see the chart with correct parameters and data from the .gpx file, but do not see a Google Map. Based on recent experience with a Google Maps API (v3) mashup for my trip, I noticed that the plugin admin settings do not ask for Google Maps API key. I’m a newbie so take this with a grain of salt, but is that possibly the reason I am not seeing the Google Map, but am seeing the Google Chart with data?

Here is a direct link to the WP post at issue: http://www.macvey.com/2012/03/18/first-ride-of-2012/. Additionally, here is a direct link to the GPX file I’m trying to render: http://www.macvey.com/rides/activity_159293579.gpx. Platform is Mac OS X 10.7.3, Firefox 11.0, Safari 5.1.2. No joy on iOS devices either.

Again, I am so excited to use this plugin! I’ll support in every way I can. GREAT work!

All the best,
    Terry

#198 Rispondi
    max
    Amministratore del forum

Nice ride! I noticed that there is no map height..
    In the admin area set the default map height at 500px. You have a very big file I suggest to set to pointsoffset at 250 or even 500 to speedup the page load

this is a sample shortcode you can use:

#208 Rispondi
    tmac2272
    Ospite

Thank you so much! I originally changed the default height to 600px; per your suggestion, I manually set mheight within the shortcode and it works great.

I do have one other unique issue. I’m building a template for a WordPress page to be used for each day of my motorcycle journey. The UI of the page is simple: it will use 7 tabs with content for each of those tabs. I should add that the tabs are created with shortcode. At any rate, here is the issue I am encountering. The 3rd tab (named “End”) is intended to embed a Google map + elevation chart using your plugin. Everything works great if I embed on the page. Everything works great if I embed on the 1st tab. However, if I embed on any other tab, then I get some strange behavior. The Google Map and elevation chart appear condensed, with the Map being zoomed out all the way.

Here is an example (3rd tab named “End”):

http://www.macvey.com/route/day-04-2012-05-26-sat/

Any thoughts or ideas of things to try? Really appreciate your help – this is the last hurdle for me to roll out an education project to a couple of groups of kids’ classrooms.

Thanks!

#210 Rispondi
    max
    Amministratore del forum

Sorry, I was out for work yesterday, I believe is a width problem, because the map is not shown when the page load the first time.. have you set the width?

Stai visualizzando 4 post - dal 1 a 4 (di 4 totali)
Rispondi a: Risposta #210 in Plugin I've Been Looking For! Except I Don't Get Maps

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Le tue informazioni:

Non è possibile lasciare nuovi commenti.