{ Dev Farm }

Web & Windows Development

(Almost) End of support

Home Forum Wp Gpx Maps Support (Almost) End of support

• Questo topic ha 11 risposte, 2 partecipanti ed è stato aggiornato l'ultima volta 3 anni, 3 mesi fa da max.
Stai visualizzando 12 post - dal 1 a 12 (di 12 totali)
  • Autore
    max
    Amministratore del forum

It’s been 4 years I’m developing this plugin. I needed for my website and I decided to share my work with everyone who needed. For free.

When I had a lot of free time I was happy to invest my time to this project, and I enjoyed a lot!

The first release was really buggy, but, with a lot of work and also your help, it became quite good 🙂 and I’m proud of it!

As you probably noticed, I’m not replying to the forum very often, I’m really busy…
    I have my own business and I have no time for everything else. I don’t think I’ll find more time in the future.

I want to share some numbers, for those who want to do something like this plugin:
    I earned 40€ from donations and ~30€ from google adsense.
    I spend 35€/year (web hosting), and a LOT OF TIME in coding

I decided to donate the revenue to other the free software/websites I’m using everyday: Wikipedia (10€+10€+10€+10€), Filezilla (15€), Notepad++ (10€ + 5€)

Thank you very much for those who sent me donations. At the beginning I didn’t even put my paypal account because I didn’t believe someone would pay for something free!
    Your donations helped me to understand more about free software projects.
    I hope you won’t displease I donated your money to other software.

This plugin is not definitely dead. It’s opensource and YOU can also continue developing

Bye Bye

#24336 Rispondi
    Antoine
    Ospite

It’s a bit sad to hear that! However I understand your motivations! Thanks again for the great work and good luck for the future.

#24347 Rispondi
    juan
    Ospite

Nice work my friend.
    It helped me and other travel bike bloggers ..thank you so much. :good:
    Good luck

#24363 Rispondi
    max
    Amministratore del forum

Thank you :good:

#24370 Rispondi
    fritz
    Ospite

hey max, so sorry to hear since your plugin still is great.. 🙂
    maybe you con help out for (small) cash if there are some bugs in the future? 🙂

best
    fritz

#24478 Rispondi
    JK
    Ospite
    WP GPX Maps Error: GPX file not found! /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/uploads/gpx/< gpx file name >
    Warning: Attempt to read property "dt" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 416

Warning: Attempt to read property "lat" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 417

Warning: Attempt to read property "lon" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 418

Warning: Attempt to read property "maxEle" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 420

Warning: Attempt to read property "minEle" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 421

Warning: Attempt to read property "maxTime" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 422

Warning: Attempt to read property "minTime" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 423

Warning: Attempt to read property "totalEleUp" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 424

Warning: Attempt to read property "totalEleDown" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 425

Warning: Attempt to read property "avgSpeed" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 426

Warning: Attempt to read property "avgCad" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 427

Warning: Attempt to read property "avgHr" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 428

Warning: Attempt to read property "avgTemp" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 429

Warning: Attempt to read property "totalLength" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 430

Errore sul database di WordPress: [Unknown column 'slug' in 'where clause']
    SELECT DISTINCT wp_ngg_pictures.* , GROUP_CONCAT(CONCAT_WS('@@', meta_key, meta_value)) AS 'extras' FROM `wp_ngg_pictures` LEFT OUTER JOIN `wp_postmeta` ON `wp_postmeta`.`post_id` = `extras_post_id` WHERE (slug = '&lt;id&gt;') AND (`exclude` != 1) GROUP BY wp_ngg_pictures.pid ORDER BY `sortorder` ASC

WP GPX Maps Error: GPX file not found! /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/uploads/gpx/< gpx file name >
    Warning: Attempt to read property "dt" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 416

Warning: Attempt to read property "lat" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 417

Warning: Attempt to read property "lon" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 418

Warning: Attempt to read property "maxEle" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 420

Warning: Attempt to read property "minEle" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 421

Warning: Attempt to read property "maxTime" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 422

Warning: Attempt to read property "minTime" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 423

Warning: Attempt to read property "totalEleUp" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 424

Warning: Attempt to read property "totalEleDown" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 425

Warning: Attempt to read property "avgSpeed" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 426

Warning: Attempt to read property "avgCad" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 427

Warning: Attempt to read property "avgHr" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 428

Warning: Attempt to read property "avgTemp" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 429

Warning: Attempt to read property "totalLength" on array in /home/mxvysmpn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-gpx-maps/wp-gpx-maps.php on line 430

SELECT DISTINCT wp_ngg_pictures.* , GROUP_CONCAT(CONCAT_WS('@@', meta_key, meta_value)) AS 'extras' FROM `wp_ngg_pictures` LEFT OUTER JOIN `wp_postmeta` ON `wp_postmeta`.`post_id` = `extras_post_id` WHERE (slug = '') AND (`exclude` != 1) GROUP BY wp_ngg_pictures.pid ORDER BY `sortorder` ASC

Hi Max,

currently the version out is not working any longer with the newest NGG

Error When Retrieving NextGen Gallery galleries/images: $e
    =blank page, error

= track and map is ok but no thumbnail pictures on map
    Solution

Are you willing to update the plugin and make it work again with nggalleries=<id> please?

Many thanks!
    Cheers
    JK

#24479 Rispondi
    JK
    Ospite

SELECT DISTINCT wp_ngg_pictures.* , GROUP_CONCAT(CONCAT_WS('@@', meta_key, meta_value)) AS 'extras' FROM `wp_ngg_pictures` LEFT OUTER JOIN `wp_postmeta` ON `wp_postmeta`.`post_id` = `extras_post_id` WHERE (slug = '&lt;id&gt;\\') AND (`exclude` != 1) GROUP BY wp_ngg_pictures.pid ORDER BY `sortorder` ASC

SELECT DISTINCT wp_ngg_pictures.* , GROUP_CONCAT(CONCAT_WS('@@', meta_key, meta_value)) AS 'extras' FROM `wp_ngg_pictures` LEFT OUTER JOIN `wp_postmeta` ON `wp_postmeta`.`post_id` = `extras_post_id` WHERE (slug = '') AND (`exclude` != 1) GROUP BY wp_ngg_pictures.pid ORDER BY `sortorder` ASC

Hi Max,

\

=blank page, error
    \

= track and map is ok but no thumbnail pictures on map
    Solution
    \

Are you willing to update the plugin and make it work again with nggalleries=<id> please?

Many thanks!
    Cheers
    JK

#24480 Rispondi
    JK
    Ospite

Hi Max,

sgpx gpx=”/wp-content/uploads/gpx/< gpx file name >” nggalleries=<id> =blank page, error
    sgpx gpx=”/wp-content/uploads/gpx/< gpx file name >” nggallery=<id> = track and map is ok but no thumbnail pictures on map
    Solution
    sgpx gpx=”/wp-content/uploads/gpx/< gpx file name >” ngimages=<id>,<id>,<id>,<id>,<id>,<id>—etc

Many thanks!
    Cheers
    JK

#24715 Rispondi
    Paul
    Ospite

Hello,
    because of the donations …
    The Highchart.com license “non-commercial” is as much a hindrance. For commercial use your plugin needs to be paid to a third-party money. That’s uncool.
    If your plugin is likely to be used commercially, it would also bring in money, and it can turn around you will benefit. But if it is non-commercial, then you make the plugin from the sheer fun and joy. Money does not matter.
    Another problem is the transfer of personal data to third parties such as Google and Highchart.com. Heart rate, speed, thats to much information.
    Just as I have seen that the high chart is mostly used for the altitude. It would therefore be sufficient to generate only an altitude chart. The altitude should only be obtained from a server, if they are not always stored already in GPX File.
    And finally, it would be optimal if the route would be drawn by OSM, and not by Google (in the background by OSM maps).
    There are many similar projects in which all but the GPX file must be uploaded to the server. Some generate the high chart, based on the SMRT (Altitude Data) United States Geological Survey USGS, itself.
    http://dds.cr.usgs.gov/srtm/version2_1/SRTM3/ Or similiar NASA Data.
    Your plugin is nevertheless still the best that is currently available. It’s just not perfect. The biggest asset is that the GPX files are not stored externally.

#24719 Rispondi
    Mol
    Ospite

Dear max,

I am sad to her that you decided to discontinue your great plugin. The plugin is still the best on the market and excels over many other solutions. I understand that maintaining the plugin is a lot of work and can hardly be done as a hobby.

However, have you thought about to commercialise your work. For example, you could sell the code via codecanyon.net. Maybe updated with some premium features. I would be your first customer.

Kind Regards
    Michael

#24731 Rispondi
    Elio
    Ospite

Hi Bastianonm,
    I’m trying this plugin… but it seems not working always… sometimes the map is not uploaded and there’s something wrong with map zoom control panel on lìthe left.
    Does it depend on the wordpress version (latest).

http://www.blogside.it/rifugi-allievi-bonacossa-in-valle-di-zocca-val-masino.html

Thanks in advance.

#25245 Rispondi
    Marc
    Ospite

Hi,
    Your plugin is great. I am using it at the moment on my wordpress website to show a route I am going to cycle. I’m not sure if it’s a lot of work but currently the plugin is interferring with another plugin on my website. Is it possible to change it to only load on the pages it is used? I am using a different plugin on another page and it does not work when I have both of them installed on my website but using them on different pages.

Kind regards,

Marc

Stai visualizzando 12 post - dal 1 a 12 (di 12 totali)
Rispondi a: Risposta #24347 in (Almost) End of support

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Le tue informazioni:

Non è possibile lasciare nuovi commenti.